Gleb is a Cloud Advocate at Google who specializes in Cloud Database technologies in the Google Cloud. He has over 20 years of experience in data-related technologies, and has expertise in a variety of areas, including relational databases, Big Data, application development, data replication and integration solutions, including products from Google, Oracle, AWS, Cloudera, and other vendors. He has been honoured to be a presenter at various conferences in the USA, Europe, and APAC over the many years.
PostgreSQL the way only Google can deliver it: A deep dive into AlloyDB
PostgreSQL is one of the most popular databases in the world, and for good reason. It’s fast, reliable, and easy to use. But what if it could be even better? What if it was faster, cheaper to run, and easier to manage? That’s where AlloyDB for PostgreSQL comes in.
- Introduction, high level description of the database environment
- PostgreSQL and how it compares to other RDBMS
- What we were trying to achieve when we were building AlloyDB # Under the hood
- Compute, Memory and Storage in AlloyDB
- Replication lag in AlloyDB
- High Availability and failover
- Performance and Columnar engine
- Autopilot in AlloyDB